Thursday 26 June 2014

Update

I've been trying to write a proper blog post but I can't seem to get the words in the right order so you must contend with a sort of embellished Facebook status update. 

We're moving back to the UK at the end of July. It will be easier on numerous levels and I will be able to stop work for a while to look after him and the kids. We're going to move to Edinburgh because why the fuck not; we're not going to be working so may as well live somewhere different, interesting, brilliant and hilly. His care will be managed initially in London and our furniture ships next week.

Personally, selfishly, I am devastated to leave this place. Without wanting to offend anyone/thing/location I don't want to go.  I want to talk about how I feel but everything's too fucked up right now for me to find the right way of doing that. For the moment please accept I am quietly devastated to leave, but also I do see there is much to look forward to. I refuse to be that person who sits in the past, so I will look for and find the silver linings. But if you needed evidence of me being beaten by the cancer here it is.

Keith is ok, taking the new drugs to manage the tumours in the liver. Continuing to approach everything with remarkable grace and gratitude. Hopefully also going to the World Cup Final, yes you heard me correctly, because he can and why wouldn't he? Standby for those updates, they'll be the good ones.

Love always, peace out, stay with me. 
xxxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment